|Season 2, Episode 14|
|Air date||October 23rd, 1987|
|Written by||Sandy Fries|
| Next ►|
14-year-old Laura Holloway is brought to stay at Starlight Mansion after losing her parents in a car accident. Although musically talented, Laura feels lonely and has low self-esteem. When a boy at school named Bobby Braddock gives Laura pills, Laura becomes addicted to them.
Eventually, Jerrica discovers Laura's problem and takes her to a meeting for girls who struggle with the same addiction. Ashley helps out Laura and Bobby is arrested for selling drugs. In the end, Laura performs with Jem and The Holograms.
- "Alone Again" - Laura
- "Nightmare" - Jem and The Holograms
- "Look Inside Yourself" - Jem and The Holograms
- Jerrica (to Laura after she almost jumps from the window): You're not a bird. You're Laura Holloway.
- Laura: Not a bird? What a bummer. Just Laura Holloway? Double bummer.
- Ashley (to Laura when she plays her guitar in the middle of the night): Look, I have an important history test I've got to pass tomorrow. I need to sleep. Either you stop playing that guitar or you'll be wearing it.
- Jerrica: Laura, you've got a serious problem. I can't change your life for you. You've... you've got to decide to make a change yourself.
- This episode features an outside girl staying temporarily at the Starlight Mansion. Ashley, one of the Starlight Girls, takes an active role in trying to help her.
- This episode was made because of the constant criticism that the show gave a false portrayal of what it's like to be a foster child.
- The song "Nightmare" by Jem and The Holograms is re-used. It previously appeared in the episode The Fan.
- This is the first episode to not feature The Misfits.