|Season 2, Episode 12|
|Air date||October 19th, 1987|
|Written by||George Arthur Bloom|
The Jazz Player
| Next ►|
Danse Time is the 38th episode of Jem.
Richard Xanthos holds a contest for $250,000 for the group that can make the best music video that personifies friendship and goodwill. Jerrica Benton decides that if Jem and The Holograms win, they will donate all the money to Haven House. Naturally, the only opponents are The Misfits.
The Holograms' music video is a song that encompasses the theme of people working in harmony. The Misfits' original idea completely ignores these concepts and focuses instead on living a selfish lifestyle. The Holograms ask their friend, Danse, to help out; however, an accident on the set of their video causes her to injure her leg, rendering her unable to complete the video. Jem decides they won't finish filming until Danse gets better, but they only have three weeks before the contest ends.
Meanwhile, The Misfits are attempting to make their own music video to enter. Their theme ignores the concepts required for the competition and instead they are dressed as giant gumballs standing in an equally giant gumball machine. Since Jem's video is stalled, her production crew has been hired to work on The Misfits' video. However, The Misfits suffer setbacks when Eric Raymond accidentally pulls a lever which causes them to fall out of the gumball machine and wreck the shot.
While Danse is in the hospital, she meets a blind boy named Cisco, who inspires her to overcome her injury in time to finish the video for the contest. With Danse's return, The Holograms win the prize, and give the money to Haven House as promised in gratitude for Danse's help.
- "Free And Easy" - The Misfits
- "Takes Work" - Jem and The Holograms
- "People Who Care" - Jem and The Holograms
- Eric Raymond: Here we have it. Gumballs. A symbol of friendship and goodwill. Everyone loves them.
- Pizzazz: I hate gumballs.
- Roxy: You hate everything Pizzazz.
- Danse: You think this is good? Wait till you see me dance!
- "People Who Care" was first sung in Starbright (Part 3): Rising Star.
- This is one of the few episodes where neither a member of The Holograms nor The Misfits is the main character.
- The Misfits perform an instrumental version of "I Like Your Style" when they are filming their gumball-themed video.
- According to Roxy, Pizzazz hates everything, even gumballs.