|Hot Time in Hawaii|
|Season 1, Episode 18|
|Air date||October 18th, 1986|
|Written by||Beth Bornstein|
In Search of the Stolen Album
| Next ►|
The Princess and the Singer
Hot Time in Hawaii is the 18th episode of Jem.
The Misfits and The Holograms are both invited to compete in the "Battle of the Music Stars", a Battle of the Network Stars-type event in Honolulu. Eric's hired thug, Zipper, supplies the Misfits with rigged sports equipment to give them the edge in the competition. Later on, Kimber is kidnapped and the Holograms have to find her in time to compete. Kimber is rescued, and Zipper is arrested by the police.
- When Roxy is trying out her bike, the green switch causes grease to come out of the bike, making Zipper behind her fall, but during the race, she hits the red switch which makes the grease come out.
- When Jerrica and the others receive the letter, Aja says Kimber's line. This was probably because since both Kimber and Aja share the same voice actress, she might have read the line in the wrong voice.
- Lin-Z introduces a 42 second repeat performance of the Misfits last concert hit, "We're The Misfits In Hawaii" and a 48-second clip of Jem's new outrageous hit, "How You Play The Game".
- Pizzazz's make-up blows away during the "We're Misfits In Hawaii" video.
- This is the final appearance of Zipper.
- This is the only episode to feature Zipper without Eric Raymond.
- Pizzazz: We're innocent.
- Roxy: We had nothing to do with it.
- Zipper: They cheated in every event.
- Kimber: She's a slave driver.
- Aja: No pain, no gain.
- Roxy (to Zipper): Just what are you talking about?
- Zipper: I, uh, picked up some special equipment for the competition tomorrow. I guarantee it will be worth it.
- Shana: Oh, this is the life. Too bad Kimber's missing it.
- Jem: Oh, I think she's having a good time, Shana.
- Pizzazz (to Steve): What'd you think of our song?
- Steve: It was a lot funnier than that shark prank you pulled on Kimber yesterday.
- Pizzazz: I don't what you're referring to!
- Kimber: (after recognizing Zipper's voice) That's the creep who kidnapped me.
- Shana: (while in the cave) I hope there's a back door. The front one's closed.