|Intrigue at the Indy 500|
|Season 1, Episode 22|
|Air date||February 1st, 1987|
|Written by||Roger Slifer|
Old Meets New
| Next ►|
The Jem Jam (Part 1)
Intrigue at the Indy 500 is the 22th episode of Jem.
Eric Raymond panics when he finds out that Starlight Music is sponsoring the world's best driver for the Indy 500, Martino Grandzetti. The gamblers he's dealing with will take their displeasure out on him if their driver doesn't win the race.
Starlight Music's race car is sabotaged, causing Martino to get into an accident that severely injures both him and Rio. With Synergy's help, Jerrica and The Holograms manage to repair the car in time for the big race.
Jem takes over as driver of the car and wins the race despite Pizzazz's interference. As for Eric, he wins nothing and has to deal with the gamblers on his own, since The Misfits are upset about being neglected lately, but Pizzazz takes matters against Eric into her own hands by literally cornering Eric with her race car, while Rio kisses Jem.
- "I'm Coming From Behind" - Jem and The Holograms
- "Back In Shape" - Jem and The Holograms
- "Ahead Of The Game" - The Misfits
- Pizzazz (to Eric): You jerk. (throws the hot dog bun at Eric's face) Not only did you forget the mustard, you forgot the hot dog.
- Pizzazz: Don't look now, Eric, but Martino's car is back in the race.
- Roxy: And Jem is driving it.
- Eric: What? That's impossible.
- Jerrica: (after seeing Rio all bandaged up from the car wreck) Rio, I'm so sorry.
- Martino: Think how I feel.
- Jerrica: Martino?
- Martino: Yep. Listen, don't feel bad. It only hurts when I breathe.
- Jerrica: It's auto mechanic time, Synergy.
- Harry: How's it going, Eric?
- Eric: Terrible.
- Harry: Let me guess. You wanna change your bet.
- Eric: Could I?
- Harry: Sure. I get a commission in every bet. You wanna change your bet, I get another commission.
- Announcer: It's a miracle. Jem has survived, but her car has taken an incredible beating.
- Pizzazz Hologram (to Pizzazz): Don't you think it's time you started playing fair?
- Pizzazz: What? Who the heck are you?
- Pizzazz Hologram: Your conscience.
- Pizzazz: Impossible. (swatting at the hologram) I haven't got one. Now scram. Get out of here.
- Pizzazz: Eric, you and your stupid plans. (pinning Eric with her race car) Jem won!
- Pizzazz: (throwing darts at a picture of Eric Raymond) I...want...to...go!
- Roxy: (mouth full) You missed the bulls-eye.
- Just before The Misfits steal the Rockin' Roadster, the dots of Stormer's belt and headband are missing.
- During "Back In Shape", the star on the car is painted yellow but later it is shown to be white.
- The narrator introduces an encore from Jem's latest rock video, "Back In Shape".
- Pizzazz likes her hot dogs with mustard.
- According to Pizzazz, she doesn't have a conscience.
- This episode demonstrates Synergy having information on other things.