|Affiliation:||Jem and The Holograms|
|Instruments:||Lead vocals, guitar|
|Family:|| Kimber (sister)|
Shana (foster sister)
Aja (foster sister)
|Hair:|| Blonde (as Jerrica)|
Pink (as Jem)
|Height:|| 5ʼ5ʼʼ (as Jerrica)|
5ʼ11ʼʼ (as Jem)
Jerrica Benton, better known by her stage name and secret identity, Jem, is a character in the IDW Jem and The Holograms comics series written by Kelly Thompson, designed by Sophie Campbell, edited by John Barber and Sarah Gaydos, and published in 2015. She is the Holograms' lead vocalist and manager. She debuted in the first issue.
Jem has now a slight visual redesign, although not as striking as the other Holograms have, with similar pink outfit, hair and face makeup design as her cartoon counterpart, but has significantly longer hair and is notably taller. Jerrica uses her holographic alter-ego Jem, projected by Synergy, as a way to deal with performance anxiety. Jerrica only has Synergy and is not the head of the Starlight Music record company, instead managing The Holograms as an individual under the 5x5 record label. Jem does not get sentimentally involved with Rio, who is fairly nonchalant and disinterested in her, only having eyes for Jerrica, who spends significantly less time as Jem than she does in the cartoon, typically only transforming into Jem temporarily for performances, interviews, or meetings with their record label.
- Loves: Her sisters, writing, the smell of old books, the sound of waves and rain, peaches, and chocolate.
- Hates: Public speaking, dog-eared books, cold showers, tabloids, and onions.
- Guilty pleasure: Bubble baths.
- Prized possession: Jemstar earrings.
- Voted most likely to: Do the right thing.
- Deepest Secret: Jem is the secret holographic alter-ego of Jerrica Benton, created with the help of Synergy.
- See: Jem (comics)/Gallery