|Old Meets New|
|Season 1, Episode 21|
|Air date||November 15th, 1986|
|Written by||Sandy Fries|
Island of Deception
| Next ►|
Intrigue at the Indy 500
When Jem and The Holograms perform a cover of a song called "Rock And Roll Is Forever" at an outdoor concert, they infuriate an elderly singer named Bobby Bailey, who turns out to be the lead singer of a 50's rock and roll band called Bobby Bailey and the Tornadoes.
However, Bobby turns out to be a man with a big heart, but also a big problem: his flat is scheduled for demolition and Eric Raymond is behind it. Will Jem and the Holograms manage to help Bobby or will the wrecking ball win the day?
- "Rock And Roll Is Forever" - Jem and The Holograms
- "Jack, Take A Hike" - The Misfits
- "Let's Not Forget The Past" - Jem and The Holograms (feat. Bobby Bailey and The Tornadoes)
- Bobby: That song was meant to be played straight and simple without those new fangled synthesizers, moogs and other electronic claptrap.
- Kimber: What good is a guitar if you can't plug it in?
- Bobby: That song. That song was all wrong.
- Kimber: What makes you such an authority on how we should be playing that song?
- Eric: Oh, how relaxing! (maneuvers the wrecking ball at the building)
- Stormer: You sure got weird hobbies, Eric.
- Bobby: (to Kimber) I may be an old fossil to you, but I don't need some new wave-age, space cadet to tell me how to swing a hammer.
- Jem: Eric Raymond is really playing dirty.
- Bobby: Hey, it could be a lot worse. Eric could bring back the Misfits and have them play their music.
- Lin-Z introduces a special repeat performance of the Misfits latest concert hit, "Jack, Take A Hike" and another look at Jem and the Holograms' outrageous video hit, "Rock And Roll Is Forever".
- While Jem, Shana and Bobby are talking, Jem calls Kimber her sister again.
- Torch and Mickey, Eric's two new henchmen are introduced.