|The Presidential Dilemma|
|Season 2, Episode 17|
|Air date||November 2nd, 1987|
|Written by||Beth Bornstein|
Trick or Techrat
| Next ►|
Rock 'n Roll Express
The President of the United States invites Jem and The Holograms to Washington D.C. to perform for him. Since the security measures at the concert hall interfere with Synergy's signal, the band has to take her apart and bring her along.
The Misfits follow the Holograms to D.C., catch a glimpse of Synergy and report their findings to Eric. Recognizing their description of the equipment from when his detective, Malone, encountered it, Eric contacts the government and informs them that the Holograms possess illegal technology that poses a threat to national security.
The government confiscates Synergy and takes her apart just as a thief kidnaps the President as the final item in his collection of national treasures. Can the Holograms put Synergy back together in time to save the President?
- "Star Spangled Fantasy" - The Misfits
- "Time Is Runnin' Out" - Jem and The Holograms
- "Freedom" - Jem and The Holograms
- Notice right before the song "Freedom", it shows Raya playing a guitar and Shana back on drums.
- "Time is Runnin' Out" was first sung in In Stitches.
- This episode marks the first time Jerrica reveals her secret to someone else other than her bandmates. She tells the President of the United States.
- Jem explains that all the members in Jem and the Holograms are holograms, but in fact Jem is the only one.
- This episode is one of the few that have different animation. Some speculate that was because Marvel and Sunbow were trying to save some money and those episodes were not properly made on Toei Animation. Other episodes with this type of animation are: Video Wars, Journey to Shangri-La and The Middle of Nowhere.